8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
Listen to the crackling of a wood burning fire as you gaze overtop the lush canopy leading down to Lake Taupo at this nature-loving villa in New Zealand. Sunbathe in the courtyard, kick back in a bean bag chair, and cool off in the alfresco shower. When you’re ready to explore, start by following a nearby bush track that winds through the forest and leads down to the lake.
Flow from inside to out as freely as the cool cross-breeze thanks to wall-length openings on nearly every perimeter wall. Under a vaulted-ceiling, the open concept main room is ready to host unforgettable family dinners, late nights with friends, and lazy afternoons. Sip cocktails and watch the sailboats from the balcony while the kids watch a movie in the Smart TV lounge or play soccer on the courtyard’s lawn.
Stop by one of the local markets in Taupo and pick up some freshly caught lake fish for a barbeque. Dine at the alfresco set, letting the forest and lake views set the perfect tone. There are 3 parking spaces, a garage, and security cameras, so invite some new friends. When it’s late, move the party inside and let your inner mixologist get creative at the bar.
Lake Taupo, Huka Falls, and Mount Tauhara are just a few of the natural wonders nearby, so bring your hiking boots. If there’s an angler in the group, boat rentals and fishing charters are available from Lakefun Taupo. While you’re out on the water, swing by Taupo Maori Carvings, a historic rockface in Acacia Bay. Then, head 11 kilometers into Taupo for a night on the town.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with two stand-alone showers & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, View of Lake Taupo and Mount Ruapehu
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, View of Lake Taupo & Mount Ruapehu
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Shared access to downstairs hall bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, View of Lake Taupo & Mount Ruapehu
- Bedroom 4 - Studio: Queen size Murphy bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Kitchenette, Lounge area, Television, Fireplace, Direct access to courtyard
- Games Room: 5 Twin size beds, Shared access to upstairs hall bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, View of Lake Taupo & Mount Ruapehu
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Wet bar
- Media room
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Surround sound system
- Iron/Ironing board
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Alfresco rain shower
- Alfresco bathtub
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun loungers
- Parking - 3 spaces
- Shared access to tennis courts
- Shared access to boat ramps
- Shared access to helipad
- Gated community
- Security camera - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef services
- Spa services
Points of Interest:
- 2 minute drive to the Taupo Maori Carving
- 15 km to the Huka Falls
- 11 km to the Town of Taupo
- 20 km to Mount Tauhara
- 19 km to Taupo Airport (TUO)
- 273 km to Auckland Airport (AKL)
- 391 km to Wellington Airport (WLG)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
+ 3 more
Acacia Bay, New Zealand
14 min drive
Aukland Airport (AKL)
216 min drive
Wellington International Airport
308 min drive
Points of Interest
Taupo Maori Carvings
2 min drive
15 min drive
18 min drive
23 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.